At Apple Tree Midwifery, CEO Cassie Applegate believes that "peace on earth begins with birth". Cassie is passionate about educating her clients about the duties of a Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM). Home birth is legal, safe, and normal for low-risk pregnancies.
Cassie has a Bachelor of Science in Nursing, a Master's of Science in Nursing, and is current in Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) and in Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO). She is also licensed in South Dakota as a Certified Nurse Midwife, and loves providing holistic women-centered care. Cassie is passionate about being an advocate for women, and being a partner in their healthcare.
Connect with Apple Tree Midwifery
5 Things you should know about Midwifery:
- Home birth is legal and safe.
- Certified Nurse Midwives (CNM) carry medication, resuscitation equipment, and are excellent in normal birth!
- CNMs can do birth in any setting- hospital, birth center, or at home.
- CNMs strive for women's autonomy, self-determination, and shared decision making.
- Midwifery is "high touch" and "low tech" but they still have all of the tools necessary for a safe, and normal birth!