- Grounded Touch Massage -
Bridget Zuvela's business is all about empowering people through bodywork & massage.
Graduating massage school in 2003, she specializes in Swedish Massage, deep tissue, myofacial release, and abdominal massage. She is also available to hire for on-location massages for businesses, events, and fundraisers.
Her work is individualized, as she strives to provide her clients an open and communicative environment. Bridget believes massage is an interactive process.
Bridget also specializes in a unique abdominal massage called Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy®.
WHAT IS IT?
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® are founded on an ancient Maya technique of ABDOMINAL MASSAGE.
This technique is performed externally by gently guiding and supporting organs back into their optimal position, allowing for improved functioning for optimal health and wellness.
Arvigo® Therapy is best known for addressing misalignment or congestion in the reproductive organs of both men and women, as well as many common digestive disorders. The techniques effectively alleviate tissue congestion and organ constriction to improve the vital flows of energy, blood, lymph and nerves in the abdomen. They address and can release emotional and energetic tension from the abdomen. This assists to prevent the progression of chronic disease symptomology while improving the body’s ability to SELF REPAIR AND BALANCE.
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® support and enhance health and wellness throughout the life cycle for women, men, and children. This technique was founded and trademarked by Dr. Rosita Arvigo, DN, a naprapathic physician and master herbalist who has lived and studied with traditional healers in Central America for more than 30 years.
The following are the most common symptoms and conditions that Arvigo® Therapy may help address:
FOR EVERYONE (infancy to elderly)
- Digestive disorders (Crohn’s, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease, Gastritis, Constipation, Indigestion, etc.)
- Muscular Tension
- Urinary System (incontinence, frequent urinary infections, etc.)
- Varicose Veins
- Fertility Enhancement
- Post Surgical (scar tissue, recovery, etc.)
- Menstrual disorders (painful/ irregular periods)
- Pre-conception through postpartum
- Discomforts of pregnancy; labor and birth preparation
- C-section/hysterectomy surgery recovery
- Pelvic organ congestion (endometriosis, cysts, fibroids)
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Chronic bladder/yeast infections
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Early stages of BPH (Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy)
- Prostatitis (mild)
- Impotence, erectile dysfunction
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING A SESSION:
Comprehensive review of your past and present healthcare needs focusing on reproductive and digestive health.
Upper and lower abdominal massage to help:
- Align reproductive and abdominal organs to optimal position
- Improve circulation to organs
- Promote vital flow to support the body’s inherent healing capacity
Evaluation of pelvic alignment and application of bodywork to improve pelvic alignment when indicated.
Instruction in self-care massage to enhance your professional session.
Recommendations of complimentary supportive modalities to support your health and wellness that may include*:
o Faja – a traditional lower abdomen support wrap
o Bajos – traditional herbal pelvic steam bath of the Maya
o Castor oil packs
o Nutritional and herbal support
o Lifestyle education
Your Arvigo® practitioner will work with you to address your specific needs. Typically, 2-3 professional sessions (at a minimum) are required to address most conditions. Clients who perform their self-care massage on a routine basis report an improvement in their symptoms. Bridget is presently enrolled in an herbalism course with the intent of one day incorporating herbs into her practice.
(*) Note: complementary supportive modalities are recommended by Arvigo® practitioners based on his/her professional license, scope of practice, as well as client needs.
Request an Appointment with Bridget:
T: 605.391.1671 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
More fun facts about Bridget:
- She loves 80's music. Vinyl is best.
- Camping, sitting around a campfire with friends, and hiking are Bridget's favorite activities.
- She hopes to someday visit Europe and travel more frequently!
- Bridget is a Scrabble addict, and a self-described "board game enthusiast".
- She's an animal lover, listing her dog as one of her favorite things, and plans to someday learn canine massage!
- Bridget hopes to add a little peace to the world, saying she wants "people to find their own truth."