Tis the season! We're coming upon December, which means people have already started posting how many Friday's until Christmas on Facebook, leaving you a bit frantic to find great gifts. Even more if you're working to find local, sustainably made gifts!
Let The OWN help out a bit this year, and provide a handy shopping list for your ease!
The GIFT-EE: Your best friend.
The Details: Notoriously hard to shop for, you know your BFF will be getting you the perfect gift.
The Rescue Team: Every bestie loves a massage in the comfort of her own home, some beauty loot, and a locally made signature scent!
The GIFT-EE: Your mother
The Details: Mom is going to love whatever you get her, but secretly you both know you're the favorite, and you've gotta live up to that!
The Rescue Team: Mom will adore a custom, hand painted sign of her favorite quote, along with a design class from Victoria's Garden, where she'll learn how to make a gorgeous arrangement of flowers (only $50)! Solidify your 'favorite child' status by purchasing the class for two!
The GIFT-EE: Your female sibling
The Details: If she's older than you; she already has the best gift picked out for you and you need to hurry. If she's younger than you; you might not be getting anything, so continue to be one step ahead with these gifts!
The Rescue Team: If she's got a family, or needs an updated professional portrait, schedule her a session with Kristina Barker Photography. Sis will also love a trip to Sol Yoga Collective for a yoga session to leave her feeling rejuvenated!
The GIFT-EE: Your Nephew
The Details: He’s graduation is next year (already?), and is in more school activities than you can keep track of.
The Rescue Team: Book him a session with Lisa Buntrock Photography; she’s not afraid to get in the action and capture the adventurous spirit you love in your nephew for his senior portrait! With everything he’s into, he might just need a quick trip to Rushmore Family Chiropractic so Dr. Ashley can be sure he’s in good shape for his first year in college!
The GIFT-EE: Your Busy-Mom Friend
The Details: She’s literally the busiest person you know, so give her the best gift- the gift of time!
The Rescue Team: PAMY for Kids offers children’s yoga classes to give her some time to herself. Add another bonus by getting in touch with Peppermint Cleaning Services to have her feeling like the most rested mom on the block! With all this free time, she might just have a minute to read Lisa Ann Gallagher’s page turner (click her picture to buy it on Amazon!)
The GIFT-EE: Your Melancholy Buddy.
The Details: Friends for years now, this dude is just going through a rough patch.
The Rescue Team: Coach Kari with Believe Life Coaching will be a great contact to help find a way to motivate him for the new year! Consider an added session with Art Therapy via Brianna Hall at Creative Static Studios. As an added bonus, be sure to donate to Hope In LIFE for the holidays, as recognition that not everyone has a friend like you to turn to in hard times!
The GIFT-EE: Your (entrepreneurial) cousin/friend
The Details: She’s always dreaming of her next venture, and this year, you’ve got just the thing to help!
The Rescue Team: Jessie Kay Design Studios will help her brand whatever idea she’s tackling this year, and Harney Business Group will solidify a good foundation for her to build on! Once her branding and foundation is complete, she’s going to want to know Wendy at In Stitches Embroidery to get custom items like mugs, pens, and name tags for her best startup ever!
The GIFT-EE: Your “Just Moved Here” Friend
The Details: This family is a blast, but they’re a little unsettled.
The Rescue Team: Susan Urban can help them find their perfect home, what better gift than handing them a stellar network in a new town! If they’re here for a new job, you also might want to hook them up with Aspiring Business Consulting; they’ll thank you later!
The GIFT-EE: You spouse
The Details: Still in love after all these years, your spouse deserves a little extra attention this year (well invested in both your health)!
The Rescue Team: Lori Ellis can set you up with some life changing hydration habits, and lots of ways to build healthier routines for the new year! And, while you’re at it, contact Jessica Simons Photography to get some updated photos of you two with your loving (healthy) glow!
The GIFT-EE: Grandpa
The Details: He’s the best grandfather in the world, but grandpa needs some help with health issues as an aging loved one.
The Rescue Team: Black Hills Advocate is all about finding solutions to healthcare challenges. Get set up to meet with Jenny, and you just may find ways to bring Grandpa more comfort and the care he needs!
The GIFT-EE: Your good friend who’s always wanted to change the world!
The Details: They’ve got a big heart, and want to learn more ways to help their community become a better place!
The Rescue Team: Dr. Maurine Lilleskov knows all about making the world a better, more healthy place through education! A cup of coffee with this amazing Certified Health Education Specialist will change the way your friend thinks about making a difference!
Still looking? Not to worry; we're not done yet!
Check out OWNer Kinsey Gustafson's blog for more great ideas- A Glittered Life
- Your extremely busy friend who loves Whole Foods = Jessica Oliveto can show them quick ways to stay at their best! email@example.com
- Your co-worker who got a little overly stressed= Bridget Zuvela with Grounded Touch Massage will get them feeling better in no time! firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your best buddy in the middle of a remodel= Laura Longville literally wrote the book on Building and Remodeling for couples! email@example.com
- The coffee lover= A Gift Card from Winter Faltynski of The Coffee Pedlar! firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your niece= A spa like facial, or new haircut with Marissa Layton! email@example.com
- Your friend working at a Non Profit= Andrea Allen or Lindsay Frankenfeld’s help nailing their next grant! firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Your friends in “family planning” mode= Donna Ryan at Birth Boot Camp can help! firstname.lastname@example.org
- The person you're dating= A trip to Dharma Studios for massages and a private couples yoga session! email@example.com
- Yourself= Rapid Runners. Concierge Service. Need we say more? firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your friend in the health and wellness field= Katy Stulc will have some good connections at SD Chiropractors Association email@example.com
- Your boss= help your boss play it on the safe side, and schedule a meeting with Barb Hauge! firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't forget our awesome VIP Members who have lots to offer this holiday season!
Still looking? Shoot us an email with something specific you're looking for and we'll be sure to point you in the right direction: